Why not sign up now to access a range of resources that will:
- help to increase the effectiveness of governing bodies
- keep you up to date and compliant
- save you time and money
Subscribers are really valuing our service Governors Cymru Services draws on a wealth of experience and expertise to offer friendly, independent and accurate advice and guidance. The response time from Sam and Jane to our queries is second to none, the service is bilingual and the evening availability suits our busy governors. Website resources are constantly updated with best practice and case study examples to offer a comprehensive resource service, which can be accessed by all governors at the school. In short, the support agreement offers excellent value for money and I would recommend Governors Cymru Services to any governing body in Wales.
Chair of Governors, Primary School, Bridgend
- September – August
- January – December
- April – March
Governors Cymru Services Ltd (GCS
) is a national support service, providing a range of support to inspire and promote effective governance, guidance, insight and answers to questions on school governance, and includes access to a wealth of information on the roles and responsibilities of school governors.
Access to our confidential support line, which provides independent advice, support and guidance on school governance. The support line is an approachable, friendly, professional service and is available 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 5.00pm – 7.00pm Monday to Thursday during term time
. However complex or straightforward your query may be – we are here to help you fulfil your role effectively and efficiently. Some aspects of legal advice may be subject to an additional charge.
Support Line and email: 01443 844532 /
Our regular e-bulletins will keep you up to date with important education news such as policy updates, new relevant consultations and guidance. As well as the e-bulletins, you will receive information on any urgent relevant matters as they happen.
Advice and guidance
Exclusive access to an advice and guidance section on the website
which features downloadable, practical resources, includes:
- Handbook for school governors in Wales
- Governing body self-evaluation
- Governor guides
- FAQs / advice
- Case studies
- Clerks area
Some of our new resources include:
- Revitalised handbook for school governors in Wales
- New and improved principles of conduct for school governors in Wales
- Enhanced Appointment of Headteacher governor guide
- Governors and Social Media
- How to challenge effectively – practical tips
- Effective meetings
- Working as a team
Priority place/s at briefing sessions
Details to be issued during the year. Please refer to our events section
Additional servicesCosts for other additional services will be based on the nature of the support / service provided plus any travel and subsistence expenses as appropriate.
- Bespoke support for governing bodies;
- Review of your governing body effectiveness;
- Governor recruitment;
- A variety of training courses (further details available on request).
- Awards for governing bodies and clerks – Building on the success of the Clerks Award that was offered by Governors Wales, we will be offering awards for governing bodies and clerks.
As you can see we offer an extensive range of material to assist you with your governor role.
GCS gives peace of mind that governing bodies and education professionals have access to the information they need to perform their roles effectively, stay up to date with the latest developments and increase their confidence in their role – no question is too big or small!
The Subscription process
Following receipt of the subscription form -
- The email addresses for the Headteacher, Chair and Clerk are added to the GCS mailing list, rather than the whole governing body. This means you do not need to update your governor member list with GCS every time there is a change in membership, so easing workload.
- The invoice for the subscription will be sent to the headteacher, using the email address supplied on the subscription form.
- The terms and conditions of the service will be sent separately to those listed on your subscription form and should be shared with your governing body/ GB members should be aware of the terms for the service.
- You may receive information from GCS prior to payment being made, but will not necessarily have received your login details as yet. Please keep these emails for reference.
- Once payment or the remittance has been received, the welcome email with the log in details for the website will be sent to those listed on the subscription form.
- Ebulletins and notifications that you receive from GCS as part of your subscription should be forwarded to the rest of your governing body.
- All members of your governing body have access to the service as part of the subscription, including the confidential supportline.