Policy and Research
Consultations – Have your say on what’s happening in Education
Consulting on draft guidance which includes:
- An overview of current policies to safeguard those in education
- Greater clarity on the specific duties placed on schools and colleges, and how they should be adopted by other education settings
- A safeguarding audit tool to support education settings to review their safeguarding arrangements.
Seeking your views on the impact of the proposal to change parents’ ability to withdraw their children from Religious Education (RE) and Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE) in the new curriculum, includes:
- the right to withdraw from RE and RSE
- change of name for RE.
The scope – consulting on:
- Overall summative gradings
- The areas we inspect
- Inspecting A-level/ vocational learning in sixth forms
- The notice period
- Follow-up activity in maintained schools